You can read more about this new feature here. But the long of the short of it in beta phase is this:
- Maximum amount of 5 tags allowed per post.
- Tags will sort your user posts only and don't apply to other user's posts.
- Some tags will be auto-generated for you, mainly your Reward tier tags by Pledge amount and Public/Private posts. (See the screenshots below)
- Patron-Only posts are blank when displayed in tag feeds where a user is not a Patron. (See the screenshots below)
- No way to tag multiple posts at once.
Here's how the tags currently look on my art Patreon. The archive of all tags used shows up on the left. You currently cannot toggle this archive list on and off:
Here's how Patrons-only posts look to non-Patrons:
I'm personally planning to set up a Library section in the top of my bio/intro post that will link to my main Rewards and other topics, such as my finished paintings and main projects. This would make things so much easier to find for new Patrons who might be overwhelmed by the stream of posts.
EDIT: I've tweaked my intro section to test out the new functionality of tags. See the tags in action here!
The highlighted sections of these screenshots show hyperlinks which link to tagged posts.
How do you plan to use the tags? Share in comments!
Post a Comment