It's been a wild ride navigating the waters of COVID and my evolving career as an artist for the past 2 (going on 3) years. 2020 was a rough year for many artists who relied on convention income, including myself. The crushing pressure of this situation made it more evident to me as an artist that I needed to get my online marketing game up!
Emily Jeffords' Making Art Work offers an info-packed review of the basics of marketing primarily geared towards fine artists, with actionable advice, introductions to various income streams through guest experts, and suggested paths for building future marketing strategies. This class relies on Facebook, which may cut non-FB users out unless they're willing to join up to the platform.
If you are hoping to learn more about licensing, wholesale, etc. this course only scratches the surface of these topics so you may want to seek further education from individual courses dedicated to these topics. Aside from a few inefficient apps used for extracurricular communication, the class material presented through Kajabi was easy to follow and allows for tracking of your progress.
For more advanced entrepreneurs, this course offers a great review of the fundamentals with actionable strategies for assessing your business and best practices for planning for the future.
Things to Know:
- Cost: $1000 (after an email coupon) + Approx. $30 for the peer group add-on
- How Long is this Course? 12 weeks
- Apps Utilized: Telegram, Voxer, Facebook, Zoom
- Access to modules is not forever, but only for 2 years after sign-up. A method to mass download all of the module worksheets was made available at the end of the course.
- Class was previously held annually and seems to have changed to an every other year schedule
Who is this class for?
|A glimpse at what the Making Art Work modules were in 2021. The mix of basic & advanced marketing techniques sold me on this class. I needed a refresher, as well as guidance for how to evolve!|